From manufacturers, installers, integrators to end-users and relevant agencies, the entire industry has its own interest as the DVR surveillance technology is still the leading technology. However, IP surveillance solutions bring more benefits to users for multiple vendors combine the best products and services, but there is still a misunderstanding is rooted in the hearts of end users which cause many wrong selections.
Misunderstanding: DVR is the latest and best CCTV monitoring technology.
The actual situation: People generally think that DVR is the latest and best technology; many people also believe that the DVR is an all-digital network technology, but that is not the case.
Compared with VCR, DVR has many advantages: no need to replace the video tapes; stable image quality and fast event search. However, analog cable is everywhere which can affect the image quality and with a large amount of cost. IP surveillance has all the advantages of DVR and more features, including:
• Scalability: IP surveillance cameras can be one-way rate of increase from a video camera to thousands of cameras. IP surveillance cameras are available to provide various types of frame rate, and restrictions;
• Economical system: Most of the equipments are connected by twisted pair, so if you use IP infrastructure, there is no need for additional wiring (CCTV installation project, a larger expenditure), and manages data, video, audio and other documents to achieve efficient, cost-effective management;
• Remote Access: It is available to get remote access and control of real-time or recorded video stream anywhere via a wired or wireless network.
• High intelligence: Dynamic detection, event handling, sensor input, relay output, time and date, as well as other built-in feature allows the camera to make intelligent judgments in order to determine the time to send alarm and objects, and the time to send video, and even frame rate or resolution, etc.;
• low cost for system: For many installation systems, IP surveillance system has been proven to be a lower cost systems. Open and standard networks, servers and storage devices to enable multiple vendors to participate in market competition, breaking the monopoly DVR market by a single vendor. In a word, we can save considerable costs via employing IP surveillance technology.
On the contrary to some misunderstanding, dvr is not the ultimate solution, but rather a milestone of the development of CCTV technology. Our experience indicates that IP surveillance technology has its own typical advantages!